Re: LTSP Client specific boot trouble.

Hi, and thanks for reply!

On 11.01.2018 22:25, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:

Doing: cat syslog | grep error | less

I get some failed driver messages for wifi and bluetooth that i think is
irrelevant. Then i get:

"blk_update_request: I/O error, dev nbd9, sector 7002672"
"Buffer I/O error on dev ndb9, logical block 3501336, async page read"
Strange...

Did you try after rebuilding the NBD image (ltsp-update-image)?
Yes, i have rebuildt the NBD image after setting DIRECT as proxy setup in wpad.dat. This is due to the need to use proxy on our gateway/firewall.
If only _some_ clients are failing with a black screen, a different
graphics chip set could cause it.

Maybe setting a different color depth (16, 24 or 32) would be of help;
see the manual how to do it:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Stretch/HowTo/NetworkClients#LTSP_client_configuration_in_LDAP_.28and_lts.conf.29
But it do work "most" of the times. All the clients uses intel integrated graphics. The client that has most trouble uses HD 5500.

I have noticed that this situation can happen when you log out of a session too. So it seems to be a ldm specific problem.

My mentioning of Squashfs is only due to mismatch in expected nbd image after rebuilding it. I often boot the machine to the pxe selection screen. If i rebuild nbd image before i choose diskless i get the squashfs error, as expected.

Regards
Helge Tore Høyland