Re: 15.2.2. Easy access to USB drives and CD-ROMs/DVDs

[ Dashamir Hoxha, 2022-10-15 ]
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2022 at 12:11 PM Wolfgang Schweer <w.schweer@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > [ Dashamir Hoxha, 2022-10-14 ]
> > > It still doesn't work for me. I am testing by attaching a cdrom (a
> > > virtual one).
> >
> > It's only for USB mass storage devices, just like the label is telling
> > the user.
> >

> Does it do autodetect and automount, or the device should be attached
> before the thin client is booted?

autofs; so autodetect and automount

> I am curious to see the code that implements this feature.

All LTSP related configuration including the x2goclient one is contained
in the /usr/sbin/debian-edu-ltsp-install script. So local admins can
copy this file to the /usr/local/sbin directory and modify the script to
site specific needs.

If you want to add CDROM support to your existing LTSP setup for
whatever reason (IMO it doesn't make much sense on thin clients):

(1) Create the file /etc/ltsp/autofs/auto.cdrom on the LTSP server with
    this single line as content:
    /cdrom -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/cdrom

(2) Add this line to /etc/ltsp/autofs/extra.autofs:
    /- /etc/auto.cdrom --mode=0777 --timeout=3

(3) Add cdrom export (adjust one line) in /etc/ltsp/skel/.x2goclient/sessions:
    export="/usb0:1;/cdrom:1;"

(4) Run 'debian-edu-ltsp-initrd' for the changes to take effect for the
    next start of a thin client.

Wolfgang