Re: Release State of DebianEdu

Thanks for the information Mike,

so I will install 11.7.0 for now and change to 12.NN when available.

readU
Frank

Mike Gabriel:
Hi Frank,

On  Do 21 Sep 2023 18:44:11 CEST, Frank Weißer wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'd like to know, what the current release of DebianEdu is.

Debian Edu 12 is still in the makings. We are 97% there, maybe 98.5%. See the current activity log on:

https://salsa.debian.org/groups/debian-edu/-/activity

and
https://salsa.debian.org/groups/debian-edu-pkg-team/-/activity

I downloaded and installed 12.1.0 'bookworm' from here > http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-edu-12.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso

, facing problems with adding entries for machines and importing users from a csv file into GOsa².

Understandably. Due to a huge PHP 8.x transition backlog in GOsa² upstream, GOsa² in its current state in bookworm is hardly usable.

Since DebianEdu isn't mentioned here > https://www.debian.org/News/2023/20230610

, but this one > https://wiki.debian.org/de/DebianEdu#Release_Status.2C_Download_information_und_Handb.2BAPw-cher

only points on 'buster' and 'bullseye', I doubt, what is the right choice at this time.

I hope that we (mainly Guido and myself) have everything ready before the Debian 12.2 point release and that every patch makes it into Debian 12.2 via the release team (the patches are many and partially invasive).

Kind regards
readU
Frank

Be assured, we are working on Debian Edu 12 which will arrive with Debian 12.2 or (at the latest) Debian 12.3.

Mike