Re: Key bindings

Today, Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> wrote:
> Greetings!  I maintain cxref, which does not provide an emacs minor
> mode, but does have an .el file with useful C editing functions bound
> by default to C-c ? key combinations.  A bug was filed, saying that
> C-c was reserved for the user.  What can I use here?  Please cc me
> directly, as I don't subscribe to this list.

For non-user keybindings, you should use C-c C-<key> prefixes. The C-c
<key> prefixes are all reserved for the user. I think C-c C-x (for
c_x_ref) or C-c C-r might work. I don't recommend you use C-c C-c, for
most major modes reserve this combination for special tasks.

regards,
--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf@acm.org>, <d96001@htlwrn.ac.at>, antifuchs
Hail RMS! Hail Cthulhu! Hail Eris! All hail Discordia!