Re: mh-e for emacs-snapshot and icon images directory

Peter S Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> writes:

> I've got lots in /usr/share/picons and elsewhere in app directories on
> my system:

> $ locate .xpm | grep ^/usr/share/pixmaps | wc
>     285     285   10372
> $ locate .xpm | grep -v /usr/share/pixmaps | grep ^/usr | wc
>    3079    3079  163776

> Can you tell me why /usr/share/pixmaps is better?

Packages usually install their images in /usr/share/<package>/...
However, packages that install images that can possibly be shared with
other applications (e.g. icons) install them in a shared directory,
such as /usr/share/pixmaps/ or /usr/share/pixmaps/<package>.

--
  ,''`.
 : :' :        Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org>