Re: proposal to (maybe) use "elpa-" package prefix for emacs lisp packages

Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org> writes:

>> bit more effort (elpa packages need to know the actual emacs upstream
>> version e.g. 24.5, not not just the "flavour" emacs24).
>
> Why? Do elpa packages break with each new minor release of Emacs?

Nah, I think it's just a quirk of implementation. It looks for all
directories in load-path ending in "site-lisp", and adds /elpa underneath
that.  This could be maybe tweaked by tweaking the global load-path very
early in the intialization.

> That doesn't seem too hard to solve.

This part I'll have to think about more.