Re: yasnippet commits review

Hello David,

Le dimanche 15 janvier 2023 à 07:05, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> a écrit :

Apologies, I haven't had time to follow this discussion very well, but I should note setting EMACS_INHIBIT_AUTOMATIC_NATIVE_COMPILATION=t in the
environment may help suppress trampoline compilation.

According to the function `comp-trampoline-compile', the EMACS_INHIBIT_AUTOMATIC_NATIVE_COMPILATION environment variable does not prevent trampoline compilation, only the saving of the output of said trampoline compilation to the file system.

I just checked, EMACS_INHIBIT_AUTOMATIC_NATIVE_COMPILATION is already set to t anyway. Sean exported it from dh_elpa_test just before Christmas (65a588ca).

As of now, from what I understood of what I read in the upstream mailing list and the comp.el file, the only way to truly prevent trampoline compilation of a primitive is to add it to the variable `native-comp-never-optimize-functions'. I think it could also be possible to prevent the trampoline compilation of *any* primitive by setting `comp-enable-subr-trampolines' to nil.

Best,

Aymeric