pdf-tools bug? Warning (comp): Cannot look-up eln file as no source file was found...

Hi all,

First of all, excuse me I am not sure where and how I should write on this.

When I want to use pdf-tools in Debian, taking into account the bug https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=883598, to get it to work the first thing I do is
M-x pdf-tools-install

Now, in Debian Bookworm, with pdf-tools and emacs installed through apt (therefore elpa-pdf-tools 1.0.0-1 and emacs 1:28.2+1-15), when I apply the command above I get the next warning multiple times:

Warning (comp): Cannot look-up eln file as no source file was found for /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/pdf-tools-1.0/pdf-tools.elc Disable showing Disable logging

I have just found two similar bugs discussions:
https://groups.google.com/g/linux.debian.bugs.dist/c/6CPBc6bw1OM
https://groups.google.com/g/linux.debian.bugs.dist/c/VQzY5ZjwC_Q

However, reading those it seems they are due to dh-elpa and/or elpa-dash (forgive me I do not fully understand the discussions), which I do not have installed.

So, is there any solution for it? What should I do?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Iago

--
Sent with Tuta; enjoy secure & ad-free emails:
https://tuta.com