Re: chroot setup howto

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 11:03:27AM -0800, Allen Curtis wrote:

>>Maybe the wiki should add a link to tldp's cross-compilation HOWTO?
>>
>The idea of a Wiki is that people can add content that they feel is
>useful. As people bring up Emdebian we should construct a howto
>section. Community involvement is good, even in documentation.
>(especially since I hate to do paperwork)

(/me too ;)
I cannot find the cross-compile howto anymore, but anyway. Please feel
free to add this to the wiki (i won't do it).

A cross-compiler can be used to build binaries for an architecture other
than the compile-hosts arch. For [[http://gcc.gnu.org][GCC]] there is
[[http://kegel.com/crosstool/][crosstool]] which can be used to
bootstrap your cross-compiler.

add short description on bootstrapping a cross-chain manually here
(binutils, gcc, a libc).