Re: Pushing binary toolchains in Debian?

> +++ Peter 'p2' De Schrijver [05-07-09 11:31 +0300]:
>> >
>> > Thank you for your suggession.
>> >
>> > I'm not currently familiar with ppc hardware, and may only guess what
>> > LPAR is. However, if you give me access to a system running ppc sarge,
>> > and either install needed build-deps, or give me permissions to do that
>> > myself, I will build ppc-hosted cross-toolchain for sarge, which could
>> > be later made available from emdebian.org
>> >

>> Are you at the debconf5 ? Apparently the machine is not reachable from
>> the outside world via ssh :(
>
> Unfortunately he cannot be there.

It is not required that I build toolchain myself. Anyone can do it.
In this case, it should be done on a sarge system, using all components
(e.g. library packages for dpkg-cross'ing) from sarge.

Instructions are in gcc source package, in debian/README.cross
Patches are at http://zigzag.lvk.cs.msu.su/~nikita/debian/cross-patches/

x86 target will probably not build - at least in gcc-3.4, because of amd64
mutliarch hell. But it is hardly needed. All other targets should build.