Re: Debian cross infrastructure maintenance proposal

Hi,

  Somehow, I miss an improtant step of getting Debian packages
cross-compiled on Debian. Current state of affairs is that they
either:

1. require patching to cross-compile cleanly (--host, --build etc).

   that's the way I am currently exploring for *-uclibc, arm-eabi
   etc.

2. require a solution like scratchbox to create an emulation
   environment for the --host target on the --build host

   in this case, scratchbox would need to be in Debian I think

 Maybe, we also would like to get sbuild cross-working with all
interesting architectures so that the chances of merging are
improved;-)

Pjotr Kourzanov

P.S. Here's my list of new architectures added to dpkg{-cross}:

{arm,arm-softfloat,arm-vfp,armv4,armv5te,strongarm,xscale,
 arm-eabi,
 i386,
 mipsel,
 mipsel-eabi}{-uclibc}

arm-eabi is probably going to become armel in the near future...