Re: multistrap page

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:58:33 +1000
> Brendan Simon <Brendan@BrendanSimon.com> wrote:
>

>> Is there a multistrap page on www.emdebian.org ???
>>
> Umm, not as such, sorry. There is the manpage (which someone has put on
> a French website but the manpage is still in English):
> http://www.linuxcertif.com/man/1/multistrap/
>
> There's my own blog entry:
> http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/serendipity/index.php?/archives/163-multistrap-debootstrap-for-multiple-repositories.html
>
> However, I haven't yet combined those into a webpage.
>
> Is there anything specific that is missing from the manpage that you'd
> like covered in a prospective webpage?

An example usage.  I did use it before some time ago as a test, but
can't seem to work out the what I did <blush>

I'm currently trying:
$ fakeroot -- /usr/sbin/multistrap -f simple-nocleanup.multistrap.cfg

Error is:
E: Could not open lock file
~/emdebian/multistrap-nocleanup/var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (2 No such
file or directory)
E: Unable to lock the list directory
Cannot open ~/emdebian/multistrap-nocleanup/var/lib/apt/lists/
directory. No such file or directory

I figured it out.  The 'directory' option can not have the tilde
expansion in the path.  It appears the directory must be absolute.
Maybe relative paths are legal too, but common expansions don't seem to
be expanded.  A man page update me thinks :)

Cheers, Brendan.