Re: emdebian generated build directories and files

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:41:27 +0100
"Hoefle Marco" <Marco.Hoefle@nanotronic.ch> wrote:

> we run emdebuild -v in the fpga_loader directory. The make file is
> generated using the automake tools and resides in bld. The build
> specific parts reside in bld as desired.
> However, after the package was build we have the following:
>
> fpgaloader.grip
> fpga_loader
>   bld
>   debian
>   src
>   build-stamp
> fpgaloader_0.0.1-1em1_arm.deb
> fpgaloader*.build
> fpgaloader*.dsc
> fpgaloader*.changes
> fpgaloader.tar.gz
>
> Is it possible that all generated files are in the bld folder? Our
> source package repository is full with stuff which shouldn't be there.
> So for example fpgaloader.grip should be in the bld directory.

Use 'dcmd' to pick out the files relevant to the .changes (and/or
the .dsc) and move them to where you want them once emdebuild has
finished.

(This is how svn-buildpackage and others do the same job.)

$ dcmd ls foo.changes
$ dcmd cp foo.changes path/

The standard method in Debian is that the results of the build are put
into ../ so that ./ can be cleaned out.

--

Neil Williams