Re: powerpc crosstoolchain question: ppc4xx and gcc-java

Dear Alexandre Rusev,

In message <[🔎] 505B0E18.30008@dev.rtsoft.ru> you wrote:

> Well ... could Debian build system cope with building cross toolchain
> for compiling for powerpc-405/powerpc440 at x86 host with gcc-java support ?
> Yet ELDK libc version is 2.3.4 and higher already quite long ago, so I
> can't use glibc-2.3.2 at target as long as 2.3.4  doesn't declare
> corresponging GLIBC@ cjvofnfbility symbol:(

Why don't you try and configure ELDK to include support for GCJ?  That
should not be too difficult to do...

[ELDK can even be configured to work with Oracle Java SE Embedded JRE,
if you are willing to accept the Oracle license terms.]

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
"Faith: not *wanting* to know what is true."    - Friedrich Nietzsche