RE: VPN to a host behind the firewall

Thanks for your reply.

If it was up to me, they would not be running NT at all :)

The decision to use NT as the VPN server is not mine, - I'm just asked to find a technical solution. If GRE tunneling is possible, that seems like a easy and "safe" way to do it. The other way around is to add another NIC to the NT server and connect it to a "dmz" zone on the firewall, where all traffic except GRE is rejected by the firewall.

Jarle

3-1_i386.deb

You need a patched kernel for this which can be found under
ftp://ftp.vianova.at:/pub/debian-packages/potato-packages/kernel-image-2.2.13_2.2.13.mppe_i386.deb
and a patched pppd from
ftp://ftp.vianova.at:/pub/debian-packages/slink-updates/ppp_2.3.8.mscrypt-1_i386.deb
if you want data encryption using mppe.

greets,
Rene