Re: Static Routes in Debian

Hello all!

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 09:40:53AM -0800, Bill Wohler wrote:
>   While moving the eth0 configuration to /etc/network/interfaces is
>   obvious, less obvious is what should be done with the ipchains
>   commands and forwarding commands (echo "1" >
>   /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward)
>
>   Would I copy the remnants of /etc/init.d/network.local to
>   /etc/network/firewall (or elsewhere?) and add "up
>   /etc/network/firewall" to interfaces, or would I add lots of "up"
>   commands for each individual ipchains command to the interfaces
>   file?

I'd reather do it with a single script from up/down statements. This
is much cleaner and it is also the most immediate method (incontrast
of e.g.  calling something from init).

Care has to be taken to only de-/configure the parts of the firewall
wich affect the 'current' device. either via a parameter or different
scripts.

Regards, David

BTW: Is there any accessible collection of wisdom from this
mailinglist, except the archives?

--
Suche Partnerin fürs Leben: bin gutaussehend, kinderlieb, kann kochen, hasse
Fußball, liebe langes Vorspiel und lüge notorisch