box does weird stuff

hello I'm not to experienced with debian but I try to run a
gateway/fileserver/firewall for my home network on a pentium 100.
Sometimes this machine crashes (usually due to samba) and when I reboot
I get like tons of errors like the following:
Feb 26 16:53:34 cumulus kernel: hda: read_intr: error=0x00 { }
Feb 26 16:53:34 cumulus kernel: hda: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hda: read_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
can any one tell me if this means a harddisk is about to die on me or
something else?

thanks heaps,
Eskild

P.S. I hope this is not the wrong list if it is I'm really sorry to have
bothered you