new comer

i am somewhat new to debian and quite new to running a server. i am helping set up a debian server for our our new little record store. i have it serving web pages just fine right now, but i haven't created the public website yet. i also have the stores inventory in mysql (people working will access it through html and php). i want to eventually have the store's public webpage use the same database tables from mysql that the store uses, so the public webpage can show what we have dynamically. i know that there are a million and one security concerns with this setup, but i know it probably helps to start with a good firewall. can anyone point me to some good resources on the net for introducing a fledgling administrator to the concepts and implimention of a solid firewall?

thanks!

nic

oh yeah: it is running woody and using apache 2, php 4, and the most recent version of mysql.