Re: REJECT rules with tcp-reset.

I don't know if the status has changed but last summer this was a hot spot
on one of the ipfillter lists.  It seams that no one(the expert
developers) want(s) tcp-reset, howerver BSD's netfilter can do this.  I at
the time was doing some reserch on this subject and found that there is no
database of how programs handel reject msgs.

A closed port dose cause a tcp-reset to be returned, so you could use
dnat.  I don't know if --reject-with BLAH will look EXACTLY like the
kernel generated equivelent, but since closed ports do rst filtered ports
will allways look filtered by nmap.