Re: iproute2, alternative tables, no default route: routing trouble for localhost

Покотиленко Костик wrote:
> В Птн, 18/08/2006 в 14:20 +0100, George Borisov пишет:
>> Покотиленко Костик wrote:
>>> So, to summarize, the is no default route in main routing table. Each
>>> group of clients is to be routed through its respective connection, and,
>>> when its connection is down it is not to be routed.
>> Last time I successfully configured split routing I did have a
>> default gateway in the main table.
>>

>> Hope this helps,
>
> Unfortunately, all samples in the net's resources are *having* default
> route in main table, that's why it's so difficult for me to understand
> what is happening.

Hmm, my setup had virtual interfaces on the internal LAN side, so
there were routes to all the subnets the main table (your main
table doesn't have the 10.x.x.x networks listed?)

The default rule would only be used by the router's internal
subnet. The other subnet would be redirected to a different table.

In my test I had 2 connections and 2 subnets (one router and one
'other'.) The 'other' traffic would be redirected through table
'x', whereas everything else would go through to the main table
and the default route.

It wasn't quite like the LARTC instructions but it still worked.

--
George Borisov

DXSolutions Ltd