Re: updated copyright file for two packages

[ replying to list - accidentally posting discretely till now ]

Quoting Bobby de Vos (2021-08-23 22:11:15)
> On 2021-08-18 6:34 a.m., Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Quoting Bobby de Vos (2021-08-18 14:24:39)

> >> I did update the debian/copyright file. The update did not include a
> >> comment field, should I add that as well?
> >
> > You can - I don't know if you should.  If you think that the information
> > deserves some elaboration (which your previous email seemed to indicate
> > that you thought), then my point is that it is better to elaborate in
> > the copyright file itself (in addition to sharing here on the list - if
> > you find it relevant to elaborate both places).
>
> Nico and I considered putting in a comment field. Regardless if I add a
> comment field, the updated package (fonts-sil-awami-nastaliq 2.200) does
> not seem to be updated, despite being uploaded correctly [0]. Is there
> something I missed, and/or are package transitions still on hold after
> the recent release of Debian?
>
> [0]
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-fonts/2021/08/msg00022.html

Above links shows confirmation of an upload, but that it was accepted.

Yes, that is confusing: Upload is public, can be done by anyone.  About 10 minutes later one of 3 things will happen:

 a) confirmation that the upload was accepted
 b) notice that the upload was queued for ftpmaster approval
 c) total silence, indicating rejection

That third option is annoying and confusing - it is silent because
anyone can upload, meaning that contact information can be fraudelent
and to avoid the equivalent of backscatter no email is sent in case if
rejection.

If accepted it would appear at
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fonts-sil-awami-nastaliq

If queued it would appear at https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Since this upload doesn't appear at either of those places, I guess you
received no followup mail and it was rejected.  Maybe bad PGP signature?

 - Jonas