Re: woody gcc-2.95 test suite failures

Pigeon writes:
> Hi,
>
> Using apt-get --compile source to build gcc-2.95 on my woody system, I
> find that the test suite results give around 1560 "unexpected
> failures" for gcc.
>
> Bad compilation? Don't think so. Running the testsuite on the
> precompiled version in the woody .deb gives the same result.
>
> I would appreciate being given some idea as to what is going on here,
> please!
>
> It is notable that it takes 5-10 minutes to run the tests on
> 20001226-1.c, at nice -15 on a 1.5GHz Athlon, and takes nearly 30Mb.
>
> Since the logs generated are huge, I won't send anything in unless
> requested to do so.

Included in the gcc-2.95 source is the gcc-3.0.4 testsuite to check
for regressions between 2.95 and 3.0. So these failures are
expected. Compare the results with these from 3.0.4 and look for
_additional_ failures. Only this comparision makes sense.

However currently the make check during the build is disabled.

	Matthias