Re: [Pkg-grass-general] grass: only one man page

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 12:28:54PM +1300, Hamish wrote:
> > > Man pages are mandatory in any debian package. They must be present
> > > in the package or generated in postinst script at least.
>
> I think this requirement is just for the "grass57" script.
> e.g. do all octave commands have to have a man page? I don't think so..
>
> anyway man pages are nice, when you finish building 5.7 it tells you which
> few modules are missing man pages,

Please note that most of the few modules are missing man pages should
not have (!) a man page. The report is wrong and I didn't manage yet
to suppress that (TODO in tools/build_html_index.html).
Such modules are called from other modules and not intended to be
used by the user directly.

So 90%+ modules come with a man page (probably 98%).

> the needed raster/r.module/description.html

more general:
 <section>/<module>/description.html

> files e.g. are probably already in GRASS CVS, just download & patch in place.
>
> Use 'g.module --html-description' to generate to header info if you need to,
> but I think you just need to insert the description.html file into the module's
> source directory & the rest is automatic.

Right. The friendly Makefile system takes care to generate stuff.
See /include/Make/*.make how it works.

Please note that my statements are related to 5.7-CVS which
comes with a refined mechanism. The general idea, however, was
already implemented in 5.7.0 release.

Cheers

 Markus