Re: [DebianGIS] Re: grass compilation problems

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:16:25PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 12:28 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>
> > Why wait?  Which version would you rather have included in etch?  I
> > suspect 6.0.2 is the better one, and the version we want to include in
> > etch.  If it is, immediate upload is the best option.
>
> This far from the etch freeze, probably makes more sense to upload right
> away, especially since 6.0.2 is a bug fix release. Only consideration is
> the extra wait for testing users. Anyways, the netcdf transition is
> probably more important to get gdal/etc in.

The wating time is indeed for testing users, who currently have a completely
broken version. netcdf seems finally hinted, so in brief we could have
an almost working tool chain in etch. And that is a good thing to
increase testing.

> > Besides, the autobuilders failed to build grass on almost all archs,
> > and a new upload might fix it.
>
> Actually, only on a few (alpha, mips, mipsel):
>
> http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php?packages=grass
> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=grass
>
> The logs for the failed builds are not yet on buildd.d.o :(

-2 failed, not -3 which is currently buildable. Also, grass is a damn
heavy beast for autobuilders, so I would avoid to uploading too often.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine