Re: SpatiaLite transition

Hi Andreas,

On 10/14/2013 07:42 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Bas,
>
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 06:00:55PM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> After noticing that spatialite-tools was in danger of being removed from
>> testing, and seeing that the transition to 4.x had stalled, I've looked
>> into how to move this along again.
>
> Thanks for your work on this.

You're welcome.

>> Not all of the Gaia-SINS software is maintained by Debian GIS, FreeXL is
>> maintained by David Paleino in collab-maint, and ReadOSM by David in
>> pkg-osm. Fortunately these new upstream versions are not required by the
>> packages that are part of Debian GIS.
>
> I have a very good relation to David from Debian Med team (where he
> entered Debian).  As far as I know (from mail and by personal
> information from some other italian DD who knows him) David is quite
> stressed and overworked with real life.  Recent mails I sended remained
> unanswered despite I know him as very responsive in the past.  So we
> should probably go on without him and IMHO it is perfectly in his
> interest if we might move his packages to pkg-grass.  We also decided
> to do this in the last IRC meeting.

Can we just create forks of the repositories in question?

I've got updated packaging for FreeXL and ReadOSM in my personal git
repo, that I cannot push to their origin in collab-maint and pkg-osm.

But I'm not sure if highjacking the packages like this is proper.

>> For the SpatiaLite family the following packages where updated:
>>
>>  1) libgaiagraphics  (0.4b  -> 0.5)
>
> I checked this but I got:
>
> $ git-buildpackage
> gbp:info: Orig tarball 'libgaiagraphics_0.5.orig.tar.gz' not found at '../tarballs/'
> fatal: Path 'libgaiagraphics_0.5.orig.tar.gz.delta' does not exist in 'refs/heads/pristine-tar'
> pristine-tar: git show refs/heads/pristine-tar:libgaiagraphics_0.5.orig.tar.gz.delta failed
> gbp:error: Couldn't checkout "libgaiagraphics_0.5.orig.tar.gz": /usr/bin/pristine-tar returned 128
>

> I'm not sure why this happened.  In the past this happened from time
> to time and I was able to cure the problem by a fresh `gbp-clone <URL>`
> but in this case I have a fresh checkout and all branches are there:
>
> $ git branch
> * master
>   pristine-tar
>   upstream
>
> Any hint?

The repo on Alioth was a bit outdated, I just pushed all my changes to
correct this.

>> Andreas has kindly offered his SoB for the uploads, so I'll use that to
>> coordinate the uploads of the packages in question.
>
> Yep, I could do this.  If it is just my with my broken Git skills I might
> just fetch the upstream tarball manually.  We can proceed with the other
> packages step by step.

Git skills should be the issue. Having the patience to wait for the
armel builds before uploading the next package will be. ;-)

> Thanks for your immense work on these packages
>
>      Andreas.

Thanks for your sponsoring and other efforts to improve the Debian GIS
Blend.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)