Re: Installing and running qgis-mapserver

Hi again Paolo,

On 03/01/2014 03:12 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> Sorry for the stupid question.
> I just installed qgis-mapserver (from qgis repo, waiting for official
> packages) on a jessie machine.

I'm currently waiting for my new local build of qgis 2.2.0-1~exp1 to
finish so I can try to reproduce your problem with the latest and greatest.

> Usually the server responds strainght
> away at the address
>
> http://myhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
>
> but now I get
>
> client denied by server configuration: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi
>
> Has something been changed in the apache config?
> I tried adding to 000-defualt.conf
>
> Alias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
> <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
>         AllowOverride None
>         Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
>         Order allow,deny
>         Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> and also a2enconf says serve-cgi-bin is enabled.
> Any hint on how to fix this would be appreciated.
> Is there something that should be handled by post-install?
> All the best.

The Alias directive in 000-default.conf looks wrong, it should use
ScriptAlias for CGI scripts. The apache2 defaults use:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options -Indexes +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

Can you try if this configuration works?

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)