Re: Future of PDAL in Debian

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 10:36:00AM -0600, Howard Butler wrote:

That's unfortunate. I appreciate the efforts you have spent on it. I hope someone with Debian experience can pick it up. My other projects besides PDAL include liblas, libspatialindex, and python-rtree.

I'm going to remove PDAL support from GRASS and remove PDAL from Debian. If you don't want this to happen, take over pdal maintenance now.

As for the lazperf issue, we have resolved this by vendoring lazperf in PDAL going forward. This was achieved by working with Rapidlasso to relicense both LASzip and lazperf as Apache Public License 2.0. PDAL 2.4, which is to be released in the next month or so, will have this in place. There will no longer be a need for PDAL to link to LASzip or lazperf going forward from 2.4

Howard

This could be a decent alternative IMHO. In the meantime, Bas could you put on
hold the PDAL removing and eventually switch off the grass support until the
whole mess will be solved?
--
Francesco P. Lovergine