Re: Finalizing blends tasks for bookworm

Dear Bas,

The blends tasks have been cleaned up in preparation for the bookworm freeze.

The remotesensing task has quite a few packages that aren't in Debian which I'm tempted to remove as well.

Antonio, can you clarify the status of these packages?

Kind Regards,

Bas

I have cleaned the outdated entries in tasks/repotesensing.
For the remaining items that are still not in debian I think that they could still be relevant for debian but, at the moment, I have no concrete plan to package them.

Polsarpro and SNAP are software developed by the European Space Agency (ESA). Polsarpro just started a new development cycle, If I manage to get in contact with the technical officer maybe I could decide to package it during the next year. SNAP is very interesting and has a lot of users. Unfortunately it is in Java so U would not be able to maintain it myself. Unless some Java expert steps up to maintain/co-maintain it is unlikely that it will be packages.

gmtsar is a very interesting SW for interferometry.
Upstream is still transitioning to CMake so I guess that it does not make too much sense to stat a packaging effort before the transition is finished.

isce2 I a very important project for SAR interferometry developed at caltech. It is quite complex and has some component win an unclear license.
Moreover isce3 is currently under development.

In general It would be fine to me to remove them form the remotesensing task. Should I have a more concrete plan to package them in the future, there is always the possibility to re-add.
For sure it will not be before bookworm.

kind regards
--
Antonio Valentino