GDAL and GeoParquet in Debian

Hi,

Reading about Geoparquet format and getting enthousiast, I see that it is not (yet) available in GDAL in Debian yet.

Is it because the gdal driver [0] page is telling: "The driver should be considered experimental as the GeoParquet specification is not finalized yet"?

Because [1] tells me there is a stable specification?
OR is there another reason (adding a dependency to Parquet maybe)?

As said, I'm not into the details, but getting a little excited by reading this post [0] from Chris Holmes :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/parquet.html
[1] https://cloudnativegeo.org/blog/2023/09/duckdb-the-indispensable-geospatial-tool-you-didnt-know-you-were-missing/