Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 149-1] New glibc packages fix security related problems

> BTW, why can you say 'with a performance improvement'?
> I wonder this from looking at this patch and from upstream
> discussion (including you :).

I meant "relative to the orignal patch".  The original patch always
did a non-constant division to check for overflow.  Such a division is
very expensive on most processors; malloc didn't have such a division
in any code path so far.  The new patch only uses the division when
necessary, in particular not for the comman calloc(1, small_size)
case.

Regards,
Wolfram.