Re: Is it possible to make ld.so not to use oprimized libraries?

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 07:04:02PM +0400, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have libc6-686 package installed, and most programs work correctly with
> optimized libraries.
>
> However, there are at least two examples of program crashes when optimized
> libraries are used (one is mencoder, another is crossopver office running
> word).
>
> It is possible to make individual programs not to use optimized libraries
> (i.e. by setting some envirenment variable before starting them)?
>
> I guess I make create /lib2, symlink there all *so* files from lib, and set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to it. But maybe there is a better solution?

The 686 packages, like the NPTL packages, require 2.6.  You can force
the use of LinuxThreads by setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.  I don't think
there's any easy way to force the use of the NPTL packages without
removing the i686 ones.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz