Re: libc6-i686 upgrade 2.7-18lenny4 -> libc6_2.11.2-10

Markus Niewerth wrote:

> Sorry i think you missunderstood something.
>
> i allready fixed it on the day where it happens and my system now is
> squeeze. I would not let a server in an unusable state.
> I just wanted to inform Debian about the case that a lenny to squeeze
> upgrade may fail because of the check_dirs() function in the preinst.
> I not need help or something like that, iam appreciate your helps alot.
> But like i said, allready fixed after one hour.
>
> And as a Debian user/developer it was up to me to post that bug. I think
> thats part of the debian policy and way how packages are fixed with the
> next release. But ok, i see. Nothing to fix :)

No, I understood what you were saying, and I wasn't trying to help you
upgrade.  The upgrade-reports package is where reports about upgrades
that have not been triaged and pinned down to a single package go
(since it is not clear what command called by libc6's preinst failed
initially), but a bug report against libc6 would be equally
reasonable.  debian-user is another place where people could help try
to figure out what information to put into a more complete report.

I'm glad you mentioned it to us, and on the other hand it does seem
like there is more to figure out; otherwise, why would this be the
only machine where it happened?

So it would be nice to get this into the BTS one way or another, and
in front of the eyes of people that can come up with additional
information to add.

Regards,
Jonathan