Re: Libc6 Usage Question

Hi,

On 2023-04-25 22:27, Alexis wrote:
> Dear Debian Mailing List,
>     I am working on a project which requires libc6. When I build this
> project on my laptop, the project works fine as it builds for the libc6 on
> my laptop, however, when I build it in Github actions, the project fails to
> run, due to Debian not having a libc6 version as low as GLibC 2.32. I've
> tried to compile my project to musl, statically, and even just embedding
> the correct version of libc6 in the lib folder that I set my rpath to. I've
> either had segfaults or failed builds. I would like to ask how I can either
> support an older version of libc6 or upgrade any customers' systems to the
> correct version. I'd also happily accept not requiring libc6 at all.
>
> How may I achieve this?

The version of libc6 depends on the version of Debian. For instance:

buster (10)   => glibc 2.28
bullseye (11) => glibc 2.31
bookworm (12) => glibc 2.36

You should therefore select the right image corresponding to your needs.

Regards
Aurelien

aurelien@aurel32.net                     http://aurel32.net