Re: Packaging Amfora and dependencies

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 12:50:57PM -0700, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Over the last week I've interacted with a few other Go packaging team
> > members in the #debian-golang IRC channel but wanted to write the list
> > as well with additional information and request for sponsorship.
>
> > The first package is Bombadillo.
>
> As discussed on IRC, I uploaded this. Thank you for your work on this
> :-)

Thank you very much for Bombadillo and looking forward to it becoming
a part of Debian.

> > [..]
>
> > golang-github-rkoesters-xdg
> > Website: https://github.com/rkoesters/xdg
> > Salsa: https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-rkoesters-xdg
>
> I have not built this yet, but is this in any way supposed to be used as
> a binary as well?

I believe it has binaries with it, but it's original purpose was as
a dep for Amfora, which I don't think uses the binary. I believe the
binary may actually build properly, but I had it not build the binary
since Lintian gives,

W: golang-github-rkoesters-xdg-dev: empty-binary-package

If this warning is okay then we can include the binary.

> > golang-gitlab-tslocum-cbind
> > Website: https://gitlab.com/tslocum/cbind
> > Salsa: https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-gitlab-tslocum-cbind
>
> Please consider doing the following changes:
> * Add d/watch
> * Shift the override_dh* below the dh $@ -- this looks more organised
> (for example as I did in bombadillo as well)
> * Add d/gitlab-ci.yml

I see you did this already for cbind. I'll re-package this as a -1 build
and re-push it to mentors.

> Same changes for cview and gemini as well. If you do not have time to do
> this admittedly trivial changes, let me know and I'll do so and upload
> -- since this might save some time.

I will do this as well for these packages using the changes you made to
cbind as a reference.

--
Micheal Waltz
https://keybase.io/ecliptik