Re: Packaging feedback/review for LXD

On Thu, 2022-05-19 at 15:05 +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> Hi Mathias,
>
> Thanks for packaging lxd. On a quick look the packaging seems fine.

  Thank you for taking a look!

> When trying to install it, I got this error. Which package should
> ship
> these files?
>
> dpkg: error processing archive
> /home/pravi/forge/go-team/lxd-client_5.0.0-1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite '/usr/share/bash-completion/completions/lxc',
> which is also in package lxc 1:4.0.11-1
> dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken pipe)

  Michael Jeanson initially noticed that the LXD packaging wasn't
properly naming its bash completion file [1]; the `lxc` completion file
should be shipped by the lxd package, and the `lxc-*` completion files
should be shipped by lxc. (I know, it's kind of confusing how upstream
made that decision, but that's how things are.) At the moment, the lxc
package is symlinking its bash completions to /usr/share/bash-
completion/completions/lxc, which is then causing the filename conflict
with the LXD packaging. I submitted bug #1010843, which has been fixed
in the upstream lxc, so right now I'm just waiting for an updated lxc
package to be released (either when a new lxc is released, or cherry-
picking that fix into the current packaged version).

Thanks,
Mathias

[1] -- https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/lxd/-/merge_requests/1