Re: [RFC] Updating crowdsec, adding and updating other packages

Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> (2022-10-12):
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 9:37 PM Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> wrote:
> > Thanks for the detailed plan! All look good to me except this.

Many thanks for the review and the few uploads!

> > I think it can just bump to v13 without introducing new package.
> > I'll try today and if I fail I will let you know.

Good catch!

I think I should have checked my numbers there, instead of staying with
the “there are a few tricky reverse dependencies” impression I got from
before I actually dug into the nomad* and packer packages…

There are indeed golang-github-zclconf-go-cty and packer you uploaded:

> Uploaded golang-github-apparentlymart-go-textseg_13.0.0-1,
> golang-github-zclconf-go-cty_1.5.1-4, and packer_1.6.6+ds1-5.

but also the non-official reverse-dependencies that vendorize
hashicorp/hcl/v2 (nomad #1021650 and nomad-driver-podman #1021652),
which seemed like possibly problematic packages initially.

If all they need is golang-github-apparentlymart-go-textseg-dev added to
(Build-|)Depends, and a version bump (/v12 → /v13) in their codebase,
I'll push a patch in the BTS and in master for those.

Of course, since golang-github-zclconf-go-cty will stay with the
existing golang-github-apparentlymart-go-textseg-dev package, the
fallback of the update should be more limited than I anticipated
initially.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois -- Debian Consultant @ DEBAMAX -- https://debamax.com/