Re: Upload request: dnss (version 0.0~git20230806.0.38ca607c-1)

On 08/06/2023 4:42 PM IST Alberto Bertogli <albertito@blitiri.com.ar> wrote:
> I updated package dnss (https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/dnss)
> to the current upstream.
>
> There are minor changes to the Debian package just to track upstream
> requirements (new dependency on go-cmp, and some embedded files).

You might like to change the wording a little. Maybe say newly added tmpl files.
Embedded would usually mean embedding a new package altogether. Given that you wrote these,
they are not embedded per se :)

> Can someone please review the changes and upload?

Uploaded after minor wording changes in d/ch. Sorry for being too nitpicky.

I'd suggest some changes for next time:
- Fix: "I: dnss: systemd-service-file-missing-documentation-key [lib/systemd/system/dnss.service]"
- Fix: "X: dnss source: update-debian-copyright 2016 vs 2023 [debian/copyright:10]"
- Add a d/u/metadata

Since you are the upstream author of dnss, would you maybe consider tagging releases properly (upstream) with proper semver instead of picking stuff via commit hashes?

> PS: Last year we discussed [1] reseting the upstream branch and changing
> to a different release naming scheme.

Funny, I completely forgot about it despite starting the same conversation.

> I haven't done it this time and
> kept things as they are, but I'll follow up on IRC to do this after the
> upload, to avoid changing two things at once.

Sure!

> [1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-go/2022/07/msg00009.html

Best,
Nilesh