Re: Sponsor upload request: golang-sourcehut-rockorager-go-jmap

Nilesh Patra, Oct 01, 2023 at 12:28:
> The jmap.go file header says:
>
> """
> // Package jmap implements JMAP Core protocol as defined in
> // draft-ietf-jmap-core-17 (published March 2019).
> //
> // Documentation strings for most of the protocol objects are taken from (or
> // based on) contents of draft-ietf-jmap-core-17 and is subject to the IETF
> // Trust Provisions.
> // See https://trustee.ietf.org/trust-legal-provisions.html for details.
> // See included draft-ietf-jmap-core-17.txt for related copyright notices.
> """
>
> Seems like this has copyright of one more license. (There's no
> jmap-core-17 txt file in the package btw). Can you update d/copyright
> please?
>
> Best,
> Nilesh

This comment was outdated. I sent a patch to fix it upstream. However,
I am not sure how to declare the copyright.

Only the documentation (comments) are inspired or copied from the stated
RFCs.

This page states that any IETF document is distributed under these
terms (very long text):

https://trustee.ietf.org/documents/trust-legal-provisions/tlp-5/

It says that the "code components" (examples) are published under the
BSD revised (3-Clauses) license. I don't think any code excerpt was
taken from these RFCs, though.

I can add this line in d/copyright:

  2019 IETF Trust and the persons identified as authors of the code.

But since the upstream project is licensed with MIT, I'm not sure if
this is correct.

Thoughts?