Re: RFS: gtea and dependencies

Hi Nilesh,

On Thu, 2023-12-21 at 22:40 +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 10:53:31AM +0800, Maytham Alsudany wrote:
> > I'm looking for a sponsor to upload the packages I've prepared for gtea and its
> > dependencies.
> >
> > gtea
>
> I am waiting for your comments below for this.
>
> > ├── golang-code-gitea-sdk
>
> Uploaded after removing test-dep from Depends.

Thanks!

> > │   └── golang-github-go-fed-httpsig
>
> You added a patch to disable a chunk of unit-tests. While skipping tests is
> OK, it is good to usually have "some" reasoning behind doing so.
> For this particular case, only sha1 test was failing and only this part of
> the test should have been removed instead of disabling the entire chunk.
>
> This was failing because sha1 was probably not supposed to be included in the
> package but it was implemented anyway due to a bug in the go compiler itself; the
> tests were not accordingly patched at this tag.
>
> Since go/crypto still supports sha1, I let it pass for now. This could have been also
> made to pass via removing "crypto.SHA1" in hashToDef dict. However, removing sha1 support
> entirely requires more changes -- which are fairly simple to do -- these can be patched
> accordingly once go/crypto removes support for SHA1 altogether.
>
> I uploaded this after fixing up the tests.

Thanks, that was an oversight from me.

> > └── golang-gitea-noerw-unidiff-comments
> >     └── golang-github-seletskiy-tplutil
>
> tplutil is <100 lines of code, of which even less is used in unidiff-comments.
>
> This is used only in writer/changeset_writer.go. Now, final gtea package only
> uses "unidiff.ReadChangeset" function from this package.
>
> I did not check myself but I suppose it maybe possible to exclude writer/ from
> unidiff-comments and get gtea building. If this makes sense, could you consider to
> try this out?

You're right regarding that, I've disabled writer/, removing tplutil from
d/control, and further patched the test[1]. gtea builds successfully, so I think
it's safe to remove writer.

Now that tplutil isn't needed anymore, could you please delete the Salsa repo?

[1]: https://deb.li/kuf2

Thanks for your help,
Maytham