Re: Request to join Salsa group

On Fri, Dec 29, 2023 at 01:50:15PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I haven't maintained any Go packages but trying to learn.  I am working
> on ssh3:

> https://salsa.debian.org/jas/ssh3
>
> As a first step, ssh3 requires a newer jwt than Debian has so I chased
> this down and believe the right approach is to package it separately.
> The existing package in Debian seems stuck on API v4:
>
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt
>
> I have filed an ITP for golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt-v5 and have working
> packages:

> https://salsa.debian.org/jas/jwt-v5/
>
> What do you think?  I plan to upload jwt to NEW soon, but I'm happy to
> take review of the package before as I know next to nothing about Go in
> general and Debian Go packaging in particular.

SGTM. Please rename the repository accordingly.

The package name as per dh-make-golang should be "golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt"
so probably the existing package should be updated to v5 and transitioned properly.

But it is fine anyway to have a -v5 for now, similar to golang-github-russross-blackfriday-v2-dev
and golang-github-russross-blackfriday-dev.

> I've also requested to join the Salsa group, and I can push these two
> repositories there if you approve me (username 'jas').

Added.

Best,
Nilesh