Backporting question

Hi all,

  I'm working on backporting several packages needed for building Incus
in bookworm. Most of them are golang *-dev libraries, and most haven't
been in a stable release yet, so there's no worry about potentially
breaking anything in stable.

  However, there are a few that are in bookworm, but will require a
newer version to be backported. Three in particular have a number of
rbuild deps in bookworm (attached). As packaging of golang code is
solely to support building other Debian packages, the newer backported
versions shouldn't directly impact things in stable. If someone
backports one of the identified rdeps, they will be working with a
version from testing that (presumably) compiles/works properly with the
already backported library.

  So, my question is -- how much scrutiny should I give (potentially)
affected rdeps when backporting a golang library that exists in stable?
Is there some team convention?

Thanks,
Mathias
$ build-rdeps --distribution stable golang-github-pierrec-lz4-dev
Reverse Build-depends in main:
------------------------------

balboa
burrow
caddy
crowdsec
crowdsec-custom-bouncer
crowdsec-firewall-bouncer
docker-libkv
docker.io
etcd
golang-github-containerd-stargz-snapshotter
golang-github-containers-buildah
golang-github-containers-common
golang-github-containers-image
golang-github-containers-psgo
golang-github-containers-storage
golang-github-crowdsecurity-go-cs-bouncer
golang-github-docker-leadership
golang-github-fsouza-go-dockerclient
golang-github-go-kit-kit
golang-github-gocql-gocql
golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-middleware
golang-github-micromdm-scep
golang-github-openshift-imagebuilder
golang-github-openzipkin-zipkin-go
golang-github-optiopay-kafka
golang-github-samalba-dockerclient
golang-github-segmentio-kafka-go
golang-github-shopify-sarama
golang-github-smallstep-certificates
golang-github-tonistiigi-fsutil
golang-github-willfaught-gockle
golang-github-xordataexchange-crypt
golang-gocloud
golang-oras-oras-go
hugo
libpod
nextcloud-spreed-signaling
oci-seccomp-bpf-hook
packer
prometheus
prometheus-hacluster-exporter
prometheus-mqtt-exporter
prometheus-postfix-exporter
prometheus-sql-exporter
shoelaces
skeema
skopeo
syncthing
victoriametrics
vip-manager

Found a total of 50 reverse build-depend(s) for golang-github-pierrec-lz4-dev.

$ build-rdeps --distribution stable golang-github-jarcoal-httpmock-dev
Reverse Build-depends in main:
------------------------------

crowdsec
crowdsec-custom-bouncer
crowdsec-firewall-bouncer
golang-github-crowdsecurity-go-cs-bouncer

Found a total of 4 reverse build-depend(s) for golang-github-jarcoal-httpmock-dev.

$ build-rdeps --distribution stable golang-github-shirou-gopsutil-dev
Reverse Build-depends in main:

golang-github-minio-madmin-go
golang-github-satta-ifplugo
ncbi-entrez-direct
packer
rclone
slinkwatch
syncthing

Found a total of 7 reverse build-depend(s) for golang-github-shirou-gopsutil-dev.