Re: Upload request: chasquid 1.13-1

On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 03:37:11PM +0000, Alberto Bertogli wrote:
> There are 3 patches in this release: patches 1 and 2 are minor (but
> important) adjustments to tests, so that patch 3 that contains the fix can
> be tested at all.
>
> Applying just patch 3 would be nominally "minimal", but also fail
> tests.
>
> I would argue this is the minimal set of patches to fix the security
> release.
>
> That said, of course that is subjective, other alternative patches could be
> done instead; and I'm sure there's a lot of Debian-specific criteria,
> history, and processes that can be applied to make these decisions, which I
> lack.
>
> So I think at this point I rather leave this stable update to the Debian
> experts (which I am definitely not :).
>
> The patches are there, and please if you have any questions I can help with
> as upstream capacity, just let me know!

As far as I understood and looked, there are just 3 patches in this update which
seem to be needed to fix the SMTP smuggling vulnerability, right?

Seems I got a few things mixed up and maybe offered wrong advice in my previous
email -- sorry!

I've CC'ed security team as per the documented procedure[1], and will wait for their
reply on this matter, and we can take it forward for stable uploads from there.

[1]: https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#bug-security

Best,
Nilesh