Re: Request removal of cadvisor?

Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 7:30 PM Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> wrote:
>> Shengjing Zhu, what do you think, can we request removal of this package
>> from unstable?
>>

> Why would you bother with packages that are only in unstable?
> I'm not sure how best to handle removal for team maintained packages.
> I'm not the one who introduced this package. It's just a leaf package.
> So leave it in unstable and if someone wants to pick it up, they don't
> need to go through the NEW queue.
> Previously I only requested removal of some team maintained packages
> that upstream are gone, and I'm pretty sure they will not be used any
> more.

Okay, I understand.  It makes it a bit hard to tell if a new version of
a package that cadvisor depends on causes the build failure or if it was
there before.  Maybe if a package already FTBFS then causing another
FTBFS in it is not worth checking for.

Perhaps we can just collectively establish a list of packages that we no
longer care about as a team, and cadvisor seems to be one, and not let
problems with it stop progress on other packages.

/Simon