Re: RFS: golang-google-grpc + golang-github-google-s2a-go

Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> writes:

> Further progress on grpc.  I've rebuilt 1.60.1 with some EXCLUDE fixes
> thanks to help on irc, we've gone from 22 reverse build failures down to
> 16 failures, here is the pipeline:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/jas/golang-google-grpc/-/pipelines/629139

Getting grpc into unstable is going to be some work...

Today I worked on one of the failures above:
golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus.  With new grpc it fail
like this:

https://salsa.debian.org/jas/golang-google-grpc/-/jobs/5191066

=== RUN   TestNativeErrorUnwrapping
    grpcstatus1.13+_test.go:24:
        	            	-  Message: (string) (len=16) "Userspace error.",
        	            	+  Message: (string) (len=85) "go native wrapped error: rpc error: code = FailedPrecondition desc = Userspace error.",

Building the version we have in unstable including reverse dependencies:

https://salsa.debian.org/jas/golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus/-/pipelines/638044

All good -- ignoring failures in cadvisor, crowdsec,
gitlab-ci-multi-runner due to
https://lists.debian.org/debian-go/2024/01/msg00128.html and
golang-github-katalix-go-l2tp due to

Lacking a better fix, I patched out the failing self-test since it seems
related to error message string mismatches, and I lack the Go skills to
come up with a better fix.  Upstream seems gone, the project is
archived, so I didn't file a upstream bug report.  I fixed some other
small packaging nits too.  Changes here:

https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus/-/compare/debian%2F1.2.0+git20191002.6af20e3-3...debian%2F1.2.0+git20191002.6af20e3-4?from_project_id=20089&straight=false

I built locally against grpc 1.60.1-2 without problems.

Build of the new version (except for a tiny fix to d/watch) including
reverse dependencies:

https://salsa.debian.org/jas/golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus/-/pipelines/638083

I did not make golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus require
grpc >= 1.60 since the package works fine with old grpc too.  This
decision enable quicker upload into unstable: no need to wait for new
grpc to enter unstable.

I have uploaded to experimental, so please test
golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus now!  Especially if you
have a ratt setup.

If there hasn't been feedback in a week, I suggest to upload this to
unstable.

/Simon