Re: RFS: golang-google-grpc + golang-github-google-s2a-go

What do you think about this approach to get modern grpc into unstable?
Here is grpc: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-google-grpc

1) Upload a new package golang-google-grpc-legacy identical to
golang-google-grpc 1.38.0+really1.33.3-1 from unstable.

2) Wait for golang-google-grpc-legacy to clear NEW.

3) Upload new versions of all the packages that FTBFS with modern grpc
(see list of ~10 packages in e-mail quoted below) to experimental,
changing their Build-Depends from golang-google-grpc to
golang-google-grpc-legacy.

4) Verify they packages all build fine, passes self-tests and seem to
work, and then upload them to unstable.

5) Rebuild all remaining reverse dependencies of grpc using version 1.60
(or newer, I see 1.61 has been released while we are working on this..)
to make sure they are building properly.

6) Upload grpc 1.60 to unstable.

7) Upload all packages that need grpc 1.60 currently stuck in
experimental, into unstable.

We can then work on resolving the problems in the FTBFS packages
incrementally until they are all moved from golang-google-grpc-legacy to
golang-google-grpc.

Would this scheme work?  I haven't thought it through or tested it, just
came up as some frustration trying to fix the FTBFS packages...

I'll try to take a look at some more of the FTBFS packages below, but my
lack of Go knowledge is a limiting factor...

/Simon