Re: RFS: filippo.io-edwards25519

Martin Dosch <martin@mdosch.de> writes:

> Dear Simon,
>
> On 10.05.2024 19:20, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>>I reviewed the debian/sid changes and they look fine.  Could you push
>>the upstream & pristine-tar branches and the upstream/1.1.0 tag?  I
>>wasn't able to build it.
>
> thank you for reviewing. I pushed upstream/1.1.0 now. Maybe it was one
> of the issues pushing to salsa I often experience recently. I also
> pushed the tarball to pristine-tar and hope I did it right as I
> usually don't work with pristine-tar but gbp.

Thank you!  Now it builds for me, and the reverse build is churning:

https://salsa.debian.org/jas/filippo.io-edwards25519/-/pipelines/676525

Running 'lrc' catches a licensing problem:

BSD-3-clause    | BSD-1-Clause     scalar.go

It seems correct.  Can you add the license block further down in
scalar.go to debian/copyright?  I'm thinking of this:

// The field implementation in scalar_fiat.go is generated by the fiat-crypto
// project (https://github.com/mit-plv/fiat-crypto) at version v0.0.9 (23d2dbc)
// from a formally verified model.
//
// fiat-crypto code comes under the following license.
//
//     Copyright (c) 2015-2020 The fiat-crypto Authors. All rights reserved.
//
//     Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
//     modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
//     met:
//
//         1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
//         notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
//
//     THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY the fiat-crypto authors "AS IS"
//     AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
//     THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
//     PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL Berkeley Software Design,
//     Inc. BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
//     EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
//     PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
//     PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
//     LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
//     NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
//     SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Also, debian/copyright says Filippo Valsorda is copyright holder but all
of the files have the following lines in them -- could you adjust
debian/copyright for the correct copyright holder?

// Copyright (c) 2021 The Go Authors. All rights reserved.
// Use of this source code is governed by a BSD-style
// license that can be found in the LICENSE file.

Can you add yourself and 2024 for debian/* in debian/copyright too?
Lintian complains about that.

/Simon