Re: GNOME packages for Debian slink - upload to gnome.org

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 12:38:58PM +0200, Martin Baulig wrote:
> Martin Bialasinski <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> writes:
> > Do you want to distribute only the binary packages, or the source
> > packages as well?
>
> I think we should distribute both source and binary packages so people can
> recompile them if they want.

As I was given access to ftp.gnome.org for the debian-related things,
I today synced ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/gnome-1.0/debian with the
staging area.
I didn't upload the source tarballs: I may do that tomorrow so we
don't hit too hard the mirrors (~80 MB already).

> > As making the archive apt-able is the preferred solution, we have to
> > think about the ftp.gnome.org mirrors. If you have a list of mirrors
> > with directory locations of the archive, a php3 snipplet could
> > construct the proper sources.list line for each mirror for the
> > webpage.
>
> This is no problem. We have a mysql database with all the mirrors and their
> directories and the php3 code can access that database.
>
> > How about the info pages on the webside. Any specific demands on
> > layout, contents, structure, whatever? How will the info be updated
> > when needed?
>
> Just choose any layout you like - the SuSE page for instance has also its own
> layout.

As I'm not a good web designer, if someone would like to change the
web page, do it and send it to me.
The new line for apt is:
deb ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/gnome-1.0/debian slink main

lupus

lupus@debian.org                                     debian/rules