Re: Debian apps in GNOME menu

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 09:12:35PM +0100, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> should packages include entries for the GNOME menu (the foot in the
> Panel) in addition to the usual entry through the Debian menu? We have
> the Debian menu available in the panel, so it looks unnecessary.

> OTOH, the standard GNOME menus are a duplication and subset of the
> Debian menu and are unnecessary but for consistency with docs, other
> GNOME installations etc.
>
> What is our stance on this?

My preference would be for Debian packages to use only the Debian menu
system, and to reserve the GNOME "system menu" for things that come as
part of gnome-core etc. And to keep duplication between the two to a
minimum. But that's JMHO, I don't believe anything has been
"officially" stated on this.

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      http://www.arise.demon.co.uk/      steve@arise.demon.co.uk