Re: nautilus-mozilla troubles

Ian McKellar <yakk-debian-gtk-gnome@yakk.net.au> writes:

> I'm a Nautilus developer. Until *cough* today, I worked for Eazel.

Sorry to hear this. I hope you will have no trouble finding job.

I solved my problem ---- turns out I executed

$ nautilus

instead of
$ run-nautilus

which sets up some enviromental variables.  Would it be a good idea to
rename

nautilus-> nautilus.bin
run-nautilus -> nautilus

to save some walls around from my head for the next time?

> If you're running sid I would suggest grabbing the packages from there I had
> positive reports.
>
> One of my pet side projects is an alternative browser component for Nautilus
> using the GtkHTML library - a port of a quite old version of the KHTML KDE
> HTML renderer to Gtk. It works for me (tm) so I'll do a release (with debs
> of course) sometime soon - possibly in the next couple of days. I seem to
> have a bit of free time right now...

Would be nice to check. More renderers is always better.

> Thanks for your support. 1.0.3 also has a bunch of (what I consider) quite
> cool features. The one that is most exciting for the unix geek in me is the
> "Scripts Folder" feature. It defines a folder than you can put
> shell/perl/python/whatever scripts in that are then accessible from a context
> menu. So tigert has written some to do cool stuff like rotate images. You
> just select a bunch of files, go <RightClick>/Scripts/Rotate and it runs the
> script.

Great! I just thought about something like this looking (in Nautilus)
through directory with 50 .jpg files downloaded from digital camera,
half of them in wrong orientation. Where I can get them? Of course I
can write something like this in python + PIL, but if I can save
trouble coding...

Mental note to myself: a useful script would be to launch xterm
(gnome-term) in current directory.

Another small problem:

opening .jpg with gimp through right-click menu results in:

"can't open file:///home/goldin/pic/whatever.jpg"
            ^^^^^^^

I do not know if this is debian package or general 1.0.3 problem.