Re: Gnome 2 summary 05/06/2002

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 02:10:27AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> One of the reasons we're intending to switch to metacity is that Sawfish is
> not actively maintained within the GNOME developer community anymore. John
> is no longer as involved as he was, and I'm not sure he's all that
> interested in maintaining "THE" GNOME window manager... Better described in
> my last Advogato entry:

FWIW, metacity is still woefully inadequate for my purposes, at least
after I've adapted my desktop use to take advantage of sawfish's power.
In particular, being able to restrict keybindings to more specific
contexts (to the title bar, to the root window), being able to use mouse
bindings as well as keybindings, and being able to map those keys to
external programs, the way that sawfish-xmms and rep-xmms enable me to
map the extra keys on my keyboard to xmms control.

I'd be curious to hear how many other people user sawfish's features
that way.